This Farmers market green beans salad is delicious, crunchy, healthy, and oil-free! Just a taste of Summer!
Sunday is the day that I go to the farmers market. I like waking up early, grab myself a cup of tea to sip on the way, a bottle of water for when I am there and be on my way. I very much like taking my time driving there, it’s kind of part of the routine.
So, last weekend I picked up a few things. Greens beans, assorted mushrooms, broccoli, tomatoes, greens, and other odd items. I also grab some tempeh bacon, it’s not my favorite thing but I wanted to give it another chance. Tempeh’s texture always feels off to me for some reason.
Anyway, one of my favorite way to enjoy green beans is roasted, lightly charred. This process kind of bring the sweetness out of the beans with touch of crunch! I also like roasted chickpeas as a nice by itself or toss over salad for extra crunch. Almost any flavor goes with roasted chickpeas,just and pepper, chipotle, sour, lemon.. You name it!
The mint gives this salad a taste of freshness and lightness. It’s quite an experience really!
- 1lb. haricot verts ( green beans)
- ⅓ cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 small lemon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅜ tsp. sea salt
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 16 oz chickpeas
- mint leaf
- Crush the garlic finely. Preheat the broiler to high with the oven rack in the top position.
- Combine the garlic, salt, pepper, and beans.
- Broil for 8 minutes or until the beans are a bit charred and tender. Stirring to keep from burning.
- Meanwhile, place the chickpeas in a baking pan after rinsing and drain it. Stick to the broiler until golden and a bit crispy. That should take around 5 minutes.
- Remove the beans from the oven.
- Combine the beans, lemon juice, chickpeas, mint, and parsley.
- Serve cold.
Please, Don’t forget to tag ethicalandchic in your pictures to let me see what you come up with and let me know you like it!