Beans casserole is one of those dishes that I make when I have no clue what to make dinner.
Well, mostly when I am tired and only have a few minutes to spare.
You can add anything you like to casseroles. I mostly add whatever vegetables I have laying around but I find this version of beans casserole quite appealing and tasty.
I sometimes have it with a side rice or potatoes.
It’s packed with proteins, fiber, and other good for you stuff! There is no way one ever would feel heavily stuffed after eating this.
What to expect from this hot three beans casserole?
This beans casserole is well, hot. I add slices of jalapenos peppers some delicious chili peppers.
full of fiber
packed with protein
easy on the pocket!
- 2 cups kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups black beans, drained
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped celery stalk
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ½ tbs. oregano
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 4 cloves garlic minced finely
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tbsp parsley, dried
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- Heat the oven to medium.
- Cook the garlic and onion in the oil until lightly garlic is golden, onion translucent.
- Add the tomato chunks, celery stalk chunks, and broth.
- Add the beans, all of them.
- Mix well.
- Add the cumin, parsley, salt, celery, chili pepper, and oregano.
- Combine well.
- Cover tightly.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Serve warm.
From my other blog: