This is so good you will want to eat every single grain of it!
It has a nice balance of sweetness and citrus fragrance…
As usual, it is easy and quick to make, done under 30 minutes. It’s like eating a tasty plate of jewelry!
It’s loaded with fragrant spices like cardamon pods, cumin, cilantro, and orange zest. I sprinkle everything with pomegranate seeds and toasted almonds or pine nuts. Now, that’s a feast for the palate!
What to expect?
This rice is magnificent for the mouth and the eyes.
loaded with goodness!
More from this blog:
- 2 cups jasmine brown rice
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cardamon pod
- 1 tbsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. orange zest
- one bay leaf
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup slivered almond
- one handful parsley chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp. mashed garlic
- 1/2 cup onions
- 1/2 tsp. oil
- Warm up a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook the garlic and onions until slightly golden.
- Add the cumin, the cardamon pod until fragrant. About 2 minutes. Add the turmeric.
- Add the broth, the orange zest, parsley, raisins, salt, bay leaf, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Rinse the rice.
- Add it to the boiling pot. Stir.
- Cover tightly. Let simmer and cook for 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Fluff the rice.
- Meanwhile, toast the nut in a pan until golden on low heat.
- Serve sprinkled with pomegranate seeds and almonds.