Delicious fired roasted tomato black bean soup! This recipe can be made in the slow cooker or on the stove top!
I am not going to lie to you, I have had this soup on repeat this Winter. I fall in love with it each time I eat it!
It’s delicious! I also like the fact it’s easy and cost effective!
This black bean soup is nice by itself, serve with brown rice, quinoa or over toast( I may or may not have an obsession with toast toppings)! It’s also filling and is a lifesaver for my busy and hectic life.
I usually put everything in the slow cooker, check on in on my first-morning break and enjoy it at lunchtime! FYI, I work from home so the process will be different for you but this black bean soup will still taste DIVINE!!!
Fire roasted tomato black bean soup
Did I mention it was good with a side of avocado? I also fancy it with chopped fresh basil leaves, the flavors blend so well, plus basil is good for you being an adaptogen and S***t! It’s supposed to help your body adapt in a time of stress in a non-toxic way while not affecting your mood. Adaptogen herbs enhance natural response and help you deal with stuff like stress mentally and physically.
I don’t know if you believe in alternative medicine but I will make any help I can get when it comes to stress and anxiety within reasons of course! I am definitely not the “pop a pill” type of person! So, nature is always my first response in case of non-emerging issues!
Ok, let’s get back to that black bean soup!
I generally use dried beans because they are so much cheaper but feel free to use canned beans to save time or if it’s what you have on hands. It will still be fantastic either way! Presoak the beans is also a good idea to speed thing along and also to avoid having beans hard like a diamond by the end of the day! So FRUSTRATING! I have been there!
- 2 cup cooked or soaked black beans
- 1 cup fire roasted tomatoes, homemade or canned
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon of mashed garlic or powder
- 2 shallot or small onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley fresh or dry
- 1 cup roasted kernel corn, canned or fresh or skip it!
- 1 small sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium jalapenos, seeded ( See notes)
- 5 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp of salt or 2 tbsp white miso
- Rice, quinoa, toast for serving( optional)
- If you choose to make this black bean soup on the stove top,
- Start by cooking the garlic in onion in half a cup of broth until soften, then add the tomatoes, miso, or salt. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the corn, beans, and the leftover ingredients. Cover tightly, let simmer on medium-low heat for 30 to 45 minutes until the beans are soft and tender.
- Serve topped with basil, or avocado, or parsley, or by itself!
- If you choose to make in the slow cooker,
- Add the beans, garlic, and everything else in the cooker. Cover and let cook on medium or low for 2- 3 hours.
I am such a soup lover that I have quite list of soup recipes on this blog like this one!
What have I been up lately?
Current TV Obsession: Outlanders. It’s so not PG but Oh, boy the Scots accent get me each time!
On Hulu, I am currently catching up with This is us, Grey Anatomy ( Just for eye candy), I wish my doctor would look as good as Patrick Dempsey or Justin Chambers my insurance and boss would be sorry! Haha!
New in my Amazon music Playlist: Frederic Chopin, Waltz No. 7 in C sharp minor on repeat!
Dreaming of: A trip Home to the Carribeans! All of this snow makes me yearn for some sun, palm trees, crystal blue waters, and warm sands!
Current book: Not my father’s son, Alan Cumming
New App: Daily Yoga, this app makes exercising so much easier for me!
What Have YOU been up to? Anything fun, new, sad?
Don’t forget to share your pictures with me on Instagram if you try any of my recipes! That’ll be so awesome!
See ya! 😉