vegan bulgur pudding– For the ones who hates oatmeal
Creamy, delicious vegan bulgur pudding. It’s filling, healthy, and easy to make. A perfect substitute for oatmeal or just a change of pace in the morning!
My mother has two obsessions: Ludwig Beethoven Fifth Symphony and the love of creative puddings or porridges.
She can turn any type of grains and most roots into delicious puddings or creams for breakfast and dessert! A Few ones I came to expect on some extraordinary occasions or situations.
She always made the bulgur wheat pudding for the end of the year exams period! She said it feeds
the brain! I always enjoy it and eat it! Who am I to argue with a Beethoven lover?
My mother is not vegan, so I had to modify it before sharing it with you. Please give a try! It is super tasty. Unfortunately, it won’t be any help to your brain for your exams. You just have to hit the books!
Creamy delicious vegan bulgur pudding. It’s filling, healthy, and easy to make. A perfect substitute for oatmeal.
Just in case you were wondering, what is bulgur?
Bulgur is a prevalent ingredient in Middle Eastern cooking and that for excellent reasons. It is a very nutrition cereal grain. It is a very nutrition cereal grain. It’s packed fiber which makes it an excellent candidate for a heart-healthy diet like other whole grains and vegetables.
I cup of cooked bulgur wheat contains (185-Gram):
Carbs: 34 grams
Protein: 6 grams
Fat: 0 grams
Fiber: 8 grams
Folate: 8% of the RDI
Vitamin B6: 8% of the RDI
Niacin: 9% of the RDI
Manganese: 55% of the RDI
Magnesium: 15% of the RDI
Iron: 10% of the RDI
5 Things to know about bulgur wheat:
- It is a whole grain
- It has lower calories than grains like quinoa or brown rice
- you can use bulgur in place of quinoa, frekeh, and brown rice
- It is not gluten-free thus not a good idea to consume it if you suffer from Celiac Disease or you are gluten intolerant
- It’s excellent for weight loss.
Now, the next logical question could be: what else can you do with it besides bulgur pudding?
Well, my friend, plenty!
You can have it in salads like you would with quinoa and any other grains. The most popular bulgur wheat salad is tabbouleh which is a very delicious middle Eastern creation.
Toss it with some beans, add some tacos seasoning for some delicious lettuce cups.
Eat it just boiled in water or vegetable broth with avocado and some greens, or next time add it to your granola but soak it first!
How do you prepare it?
Just like rice or quinoa. but reduce cook time in half. Fluff before serving!
As far as topping goes, I like the bulgur pudding topped with fruits like bananas,nuts and seed, pomegranate, berries, some weird ones like fresh yogurt,basil leaves, and seed potato cubes.
What is the weirdest topping you ever put on your morning porridge?
- 2 cups bulgur wheat soaked overnight or for at least 2 hours in the 2of water
- 5 cups drinking coconut milk not the one from the cans
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin spice
- 1 cinnamon
- 1 cup and half of coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- cup ½coconuts cream
- Any type topping of your choice like cacao nibs coconut shreds goji berries, dried fruits
- At this point, you can just put everything in a slow cooker except for the cream and let it cook for 8 hours overnight for a delicious warm breakfast topped with coconut cream. It's good with chocolate syrup!
- You can also boil the coconut milk in a large saucepan with all of the ingredients except the sugar and the cream. It with around half an hour or less on medium heat. Once the wheat all tender, smooth with a hand blender or give it a go in the Vitamix. Mix in the sugar and the cream. Enjoy with your favorite toppings.
- I prefer the last method…
Get the next post straight to your inbox!