Creamy delicious vegan bulgur pudding. It’s filling, healthy, and easy to make. A perfect substitute for oatmeal or just a change of pace in the morning!
My mother has two obsessions: Ludwig Beethoven Fifth Symphony and the love of creative puddings.
She can turn any type of grains and most roots into delicious puddings or creams for breakfast and dessert! A Few ones I came to expect at some very special occasions or situations.
She always made the bulgur wheat pudding for the end of the year exams period! She said it feeds
the brain! I always enjoy it and eat it! Who am I to argue with a Beethoven lover?
My mother is not vegan, so I had to modify it before sharing with you. Please give a try! It is super tasty. Unfortunately, it won’t be any help to your brain for your exams. You just have to hit the books!
More recipes on this blog:
- 2 cups bulgur wheat soaked overnight or for at least 2 hours in the 2of water
- 5 cups drinking coconut milk not the one from the cans
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin spice
- 1 cinnamon
- 1 cup and half of coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- cup ½coconuts cream
- Any type topping of your choice like cacao nibs coconut shreds goji berries, dried fruits
- At this point, you can just put everything in a slow cooker except for the cream and let it cook for 8 hours overnight for a delicious warm breakfast topped with coconut cream. It's good with chocolate syrup!
- You can also boil the coconut milk in a large saucepan with all of the ingredients except the sugar and the cream. It with around half an hour or less on medium heat. Once the wheat all tender, smooth with a hand blender or give it a go in the Vitamix. Mix in the sugar and the cream. Enjoy with your favorite toppings.
- I prefer the last method…