Cabbage beans soup! The perfect rainy, cold weather meal!
I love rain! It’s so soothing! I even get a playlist of thunderstorm white noise to go to sleep or for meditation!
It’s the perfect excuse for me to curl up with a good book, or just plainly staring at the water sitting by the window! Or breathe in the smell of the Earth! Weird? Welcome to my world! Hahaha!
One my favorite thing to make this moment more magical, is to have some delicious comforting food like this cabbage beans soup! Not that a tropical storm is not perfect all by itself!
It also likes the white beans collard greens soup for something that would stick to my ribs!
Why should you try it?
This cabbage beans soup is like a hug from the inside! So warming and comforting!
Besides, It’s oil-free, loaded with vitamin C, protein, vitamin A, B6, and fiber!
It’s one those guilt-free food I love having around after overindulging in some too delicious cake or some other kind of sweet treats! Yeah, I can’t help it!
Yeah, I can’t help it! Give a girl a break!
Have you seen those cake recipes?!
- 1 small head green cabbage
- 1 cup white beans like October beans, cooked
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 6 cups vegetable, no sodium added broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Cut the cabbage into small pieces.
- Add the cabbage into a large pot along with the beans and the rest of the ingredients. Let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with the lemon wedges and croutons if desired.
I found this article on the benefits of eating cabbage!
Let’s stay connected! Find me on Instagram @ethicalandchic