Cabbage Fried rice
Another well loved, delicious recipe! Cabbage Fried rice
I had to work all day until ten at night yesterday, I was so busy I barely got the time to grab a smoothie for lunch! It was already five pm!
By the time I took a pee break, it was nine forty-five and my tummy was positively angry with me!
The situation didn’t improve when I realized I only had a head of purple cabbage and other green vegetables in the crisper with some day old steamed rice.
Why can’t I have an unlimited supply of peanut butter and jelly like normal people!
Nope, my fridge is stocked with all the things I don’t crave at night, definitely not a happy sight when I am starved, aggravated, and tired!
So, Cabbage fried rice it is!
Once it was all done, it was delicious! Even my picky overworked, cranky husband polished his plate in a matter of seconds, it seemed!
The entire deal only took me 15 minutes, with enough time to relax before bed!
Of course, I made sure there was enough left for a photo shoot this morning so I can tell you all about it!
It’s definitely one my favorite rice recipes along with the orzo toasted pine nut one! What a treat!
Other rice recipes on this blog:
Cabbage Fried rice | Vegan
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 4 cloves garlic mashed
- 2 1/2 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1 Tsp. dry thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup veggie broth unsalted
- alfalfa beans sprouts for garnish optional
- 1/2 Tsp. coconut butter
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley finely minced
- Heat up the stove on medium. Use a wok.
- Melt the coconut butter.
- Add the garlic and let it cook until lightly brown.
- Add the cabbage, the parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Stir and let cook for a few seconds.
- Add the broth. Let simmer for five minutes.
- Add the cooked rice. Combine really well.
- Cook for 10 minutes stirring regularly to avoid burns.
- Serve topped with the beans sprouts if you have any and a side of avocado of course! ( just kidding!)