This chocolate tahini banana bread will blow your mind! Be warned, you are going to love it!
Have you ever had banana bread for breakfast? It’s the best! You should try it!
You probably have had banana bread tons of time before but how about changing things a bit? This recipe has been a favorite way before tahini was cool in the US. It gives the bread this buttery flavor complimenting the chocolate.
I love having tahini over warm bread. It’s so good and way tastier than peanut butter. I could eat tahini straight from the jar, forget the spoon. My fingers usually are fine. Yum!
I make banana bread quite often. I like the fact it can be eaten as a dessert with a spoon or two of ice cream, or have a slice with a steamy cup of coffee or tea.
Have you ever have a tahini and banana as a post workout snack? It is really good!
I don’t mind peanut butter and have no known nut allergies but I cannot stand the smell after I have it. I have no said problem with tahini. Besides I can inhale an entire jar of the stuff in just a few seconds. Its nutty flavor goes so well with chocolate. YUM!
What to expect?
This chocolate tahini banana bread is well,
and easy to make!
Chocolate tahini banana bread
- 2 large ripe banana
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk ( soy milk, almond milk, rice milk, coconut milk, etc..)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 cup vegan butter melted
- 2 flax eggs 2 tbsp of ground flax seed soaked in 1/4 cup of warm water for 10 minutes until it has a gel like texture.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or light brown sugar
- 2 cup whole wheat flour or unbleached flour or spelt flour
- 1/2 cup semisweet vegan or dark chocolate chips nut free chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds white
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds black
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch baking bread pan.
- Mash the banana in a large bowl with a fork or a hand mixer. Set aside
- Mix the sugar with the butter until creamed. Add the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the flour, the remaining ingredients except for the sesame seeds.
- Add the chocolate chips the last.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Insert a toothpick in it, it should come out clean. Otherwise add 5 more minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from pan. Slice, and serve!Try it with fresh strawberries and wipe cream!