Chunky Sweet potato vegan soup
I make soup every week. You know why?
They are comforting, delicious, and nutritious. Unlike salads, you can go as crazy as you want with them. You can add all kind of spices, herbs, and vegetables; soups will still turn out great!
Salads are healthy and great for your health sure. They are also fantastic but soups are what I reach for when it’s cold outside when I am under the weather or just looking for something hearty and warm.
This Chunky Sweet potato vegan soup has one of my favorite spice: fennel seeds.
Turns out fennel seed does more than just fighting bad breath after a copious bowl of curry at your favorite Indian restaurant.
It’s great for digestion. It fights bloating and antibacterial. Read 36 amazing benefits of fennel seeds.
I particularly like it in soups and tea, especially when I feel down around the special time of the month.
So, this is how I made this chunky sweet potato vegan soup!
Chunky Sweet potato vegan soup | Ethical and Chic
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper or red chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup dried split pea
- 1 cup dried french lentil
- 1 cup sweet kernel corn
- 7 cups water or 4 cup water plus 3 cups veggie broth
- 1 cup tomato chunk
- 2 cups sweet potatoes cut in cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped leek
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Lemon slices and parsley for serving optional
- First, cook the slip peas and the lentil for 30 minutes in 5 cup of water.Add extra water if needed.
- Add the garlic, the thyme, fennel, chili powder, corn, onions, leek, tomato chunk, left over water or broth, and bay leaf.
- Follow by the potatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- If desired, top with parsley.
- Serve with lemon slices.
freeze soup for up to a month if necessary.
Tag #ethicalandchic in your pictures for a repost! ??