Corn on the cob veggie soup
I have had this soup over a thousand times! This a staple when Spring and Summer are in full spring! ( did you catch that?) 😆
What I like about it, is it is super easy to make. Just add everything to the slow cooker and walk away for a few hours! Come back and boom!
We grow a lot of corn in our backyard, believe me, you have to get creative! There are so many times someone can have grilled, boiled and creamed corn soup!
Ok, let make some soup, shall we?
- 6- 8 cup of veggie broth, unsalted
- ½ cup of carrots
- 2 cups of fresh, chopped spinach
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tablespoon crush garlic
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ⅓ teaspoon of black pepper
- 4 ears of corn, cut into 2 - 3 inches rounds
- ⅓ teaspoon of thyme ( optional)
- Add everything to the slow cooker.
- Cover, let cook on medium heat for 2 to 4 hours.
They are such a delicious way to get nutrition on the body, especially when you are exhausted or sick.
This one, in particular, has a nice balance of sweet and salty. Add some crushed red pepper flakes and a little bit lemon juice to make things more interesting! Yum!
Oh, add a side of steamy cup mint tea!
This could be a good one too if you are looking for something light and fat-free!
I hope you give this one a try, it’s quite nice! I promise you will certainly enjoy it!
What’s your favorite veggie soup? Do share!