Deliciously caramelized apple tarte tatin! Perfect for family dinner to impress someone with some out of the world vegan dessert!
I love apples and I tend to overbuy them thinking I am going to make a lot homemade apple juice, apple butter, or fried apples. Of course, I always end up eating them for a snack, barely make any juice, and always find an excuse not fry them because I don’t particularly care for the peeling and slicing part.
The farmer’s market sometimes offers the best bargains on apples, last month I ended up with over 10 pounds of honey crisp. They were the perfect candidate for juices and apple butter and tartes.
For the apple butter, I use an electric peeler and slicer. ( I finally bought one! ). I added everything to the slow cooker with cinnamon sticks and cloves, let it cook overnight, and wake up to a delicious smelling house and warm apple butter! YUM! I baked some fresh bread loaves just for the occasion.
I decided to make apple tarte tatin with some the left over.
This golden vegan dessert is a must try at least once in a lifetime! It is that good! I made 4 of them, just freeze them for later use. You never know when the sweet tooth will call!
I used whatever apple I had left for some good old fried apple. Just peel and slice them, sprinkled with brown sugar or use maple syrup, add some cinnamon powder, and lemon juice. I sometimes add some apple cider to balance the sweetness from the apples. Let that simmer until soft. Serve as a side dinner or dessert with ice cream! EASY PEASY! YUM!
Why should you try this recipe?
This apple tarte tatin is made with fresh ingredients. It’s easy, delicious, and beginner friendly. It doesn’t take forever to complete so you can be done and sit back to enjoy this fabulous tarte!
It’s also such a delicious break from the regular American apple pie. It’s creamy and the crust is fantastic!
Easy apple tarte tatin
- • 1/2 cup vegan butter softened
- • 1/3 cup brown or coconut sugar
- • 1 cup all-purpose flour unbleached
- • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- • FILLING:
- • 1/4 package of firm tofu
- 1/2 cup cashew milk
- • 1/4 cup maple syrup
- • 1 chia egg 3 tbsp of water plus 1 tbsp chia seeds
- • 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- • TOPPING:
- • 4 cups thinly sliced peeled honey crisp apples about 4 – 6 medium
- • 1/3 cup sugar
- • 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in flour, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Press the dough onto the bottom 1 in. up sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In a blender, add the tofu and maple syrup, let blend until smooth.
- Add the cashew milk vanilla just until combined. Pour into crust.
- In another bowl, toss apples, sugar and cinnamon; arrange over filling. Bake 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Please let it cool before serving!
- Refrigerate or freeze leftovers.
More Recipes from this blog:
What I am currently loving:
New Music in my playlist: Rhapsody on A Theme of Paganini, Sergei Rachmaninoff
New cookbook: How not to die, Michael MC Gregger
One for this cookbook! LOVE!!! I love it!
Current favourite fruits: Persimmons and Pomegranates
Planning: A trip to Europe next year
What have you been up to?