French Lentil and Spinach Soup | Healthy vegan recipes
I have always been a soup girl! Soups have a way to comfort and warm me up! They are always associated with some pleasant childhood memories. The soups my mother made me to get rid of a cold,the ones she made because I was sad ,the ones she made because… well,she thought I’d like some!
I have a binder stuffed with ways to get creative with them. Over the years I have assembled so many soups ideas,they should probably have a blog dedicated just to them!
I love soup, I bet you will enjoy the one I am about to share with you today!
This French Lentil and Spinach Soup has zero added fat except from the coconut milk if you choose to add any.It’s filling,very satisfying. It’s packed with fiber,protein and iron.
Here you go!
- 3 cups of fresh Spinach
- 1 and ½ cup of French or black lentils
- 7 cups of water plus 2 teaspoon of bouillon or 7 cups of vegetable broth
- ½ cup of chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- ¾ cup of tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon of crushed ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 and ½ tablespoon of red curry
- 1 teaspoon of graham Marsala ( optional)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Rinse the lentils
- In a large sauce pan and on medium heat,bring 5 cup cups of broth or water to a boil. Add the lentils. Cook until soft. Keep an eye on it. Add more water if necessary. Once cooked,add in the garlic,tomato puree, follow by everything else. Let it simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.it smells great, doesn't it?
- Feel to add in quinoa,sweet potatoes to bulk it up!
I make my tomato puree by roasting whole tomatoes like grapes,cherry for 10-15 minutes in the oven. Let them cool down. Put them in the food processor until smooth,or use a hand blender to achieve desired consistency.