One more reason why I love Fall! Squashes are everywhere, variety is galore! Take your pick, have your fill! Some people still wonder what us “poor” vegan eat?!
The joke is on them!
There are so many reasons to eat fruits and vegetable in seasons. For example, butternut squash offers plenty of health benefits, here are a few ones:
- Vitamin C
- and potassium
Glazed butternut squash, a delicious holiday side dish!
Glazed butter squash,
I don’t participate in Thanksgiving and the other end of the year celebrations, but that doesn’t mean I don’t envy those beautiful spreads that friends and family enjoy for those occasions. Some people can get quite creative!
You don’t to have family over all the time to share meals and laugher. Although I haven’t seen my family for almost ten years now. I only speak to them over the phone. I always seize any occasion, or none in particular to share some good food!
One of my favorite Fall side dishes is this glazed butternut squash. It’s pretty simple to make with leaves plenty of time for me to make other sides, if needed. It’s delicious and goes really well with some Grand Marnier!
What to expect?
This butternut squash has a luxurious flavor to it due to the Grand Marnier but tastes as wonderful without it!
Glazed butternut squash | Healthy holiday Side dish
- 3 cups butter squash cut in cubes or lengthwise
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. orange zest
- 4 cups water
- On medium heat, add the water and the squash in a medium pan.
- Boil until almost done. The squash has to be a bit firm but still tender. It will take about 10 minutes.
- Drain the water from the squash.
- Add the sugar, lemon juice, orange zest, and Grand Marnier.
- Stir gently.
- Lower heat to medium-low.
- Let simmer until the liquid is syrupy. It will take about 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
More from this blog: