Another quick vegan breakfast recipe!
This golden oats bowl just brings me the right amount of sunshine in the early grimy morning. When It gets colder I tend to get more warm porridge and less of my so prized green smoothies in the morning. Well, it just makes more sense to me; filling my stomach while keeping warm ready to face whatever the day throws at me!
Oatmeal needs no introduction. Did you know turmeric was packed with anti-inflammatory properties? It’s very a popular Indian spice and belongs with roots like ginger.
I love it! I enjoy in latte, smoothies, juices, and porridge. Turmeric is an acquired taste but will quickly grow on you! You will crave it even!
Why should you try this recipe?
This golden oats recipe is easy to make!
Great for overnight meal prep
packed with fiber
Easy on the eyes
good for you!
This is my latest favorite way to enjoy oats, I hope it brings some sunshine and brightness to you all day!
- 1 cup ½steel cut oats soak overnight for quick cooking, don't worry the texture will not be affected!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk soy or coconut are my current favorites
- tsp ½or more turmeric
- tsp ⅓ to ½cinnamon or a medium stick of cinnamon
- tsp ¼ cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. Unsulfured blackstrap molasse or any other sweetener of your choice
- tsp ⅛salt
- your choice of topping
- On Low to medium heat, heat up a saucepan, toast the oats in a dry skillet until slightly golden. Add water, the milk and everything else.Bring to boil for 10 to 15 minutes. Keep stir and let the mixture boil over!
- Serve with your favorite topping. The turmeric flavor pairs really well with dried goji berries.
- What your favorite Fall/winter breakfast?
More breakfast recipe form this blog: