How to make delicious Vegan Gluten-free Crepes
I have tested different ways to make gluten-free crepes this one is by far my favourite. This recipe is easily customizable. I bet you wouldn’t be able to identify the chickpea flour in it on a blind test!
I hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup soy milk plus 2 tablespoons or any other non-diary you like
- ¾ cup chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon of flax meal mix with 2 tablespoons of water ( flax egg)
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste ( replace the pepper with cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of vanilla for sweet crepes)
- ½ teaspoon of dried rosemary ( for savory crepes)
- ⅓ cup of water
- ½ tablespoon of maple syrup
- Add everything in a blender or food processor pulse until smooth. Warm up the stove on medium heat. Use either a non-stick pan or use some cooking spray. Scoop the batter into the pan around ¼ cup at a time. Make sure it covers the entire pan bottom. Tilt a bit to get the desired result. Cook for a minute, flip for one more. Keep the crepes warm on a plate covered with a kitchen towel. Until all of them are done.
Try it with some tofu scrambled, fruit preserve, and sauteed vegetables.
What is your favourite way to enjoy crepes? Are you going to give these beauties a try?
Until Next time…
Stay Ethical and Chic!