Hummus Vegan Rice and Beans Burrito
I like to whip up some rice on the weekend to later use in quick stuff like burrito wraps, rice bowls, and salads!
True to my roots, I always have some cooked beans on hands along with some fresh vegetables, salsa, and other yummy condiments.
It’s my way of meal planning you could say! It’s quite flexible!
Vegan Rice and Beans Burrito
- 2 cups rice and beans
- 6 whole grain tortilla ( my favorite is flax seed tortilla)
- ¾ cup garlic hummus
- 1 cup of fresh tomato slices
- 2 cups shredded lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup chopped red bell peppers
- Warm up a large non-stick frying pan on medium to low heat. Or power up the grill on low heat.
- Slatter the tortillas with hummus, followed by the lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro, bell peppers, and rice.
- Roll tightly!
- Grill the tortilla for 3 minutes each side on the grill or until crispy and golden in the frying pan.
- Serve with vegan sour cream (optional) and avocado.
Check the recipe for the hummus I use here,
It only takes five minutes, so convenient, quick and delicious!
This is where I get my favorite salsa verde recipe to with!
What is your go-to disorganized meal prep? Are you more structured?
Don’t forget to tag # ethicalandchic in your yummy pictures!
See Ya! 😚