Lemon Frosting carrot cake
I love baking! I do a pretty go job at it too!
You know what I can’t-do? Cake decorating!It drives me bunker! The precision, the patience makes me all dizzy! I even tried to take a cake decorating class. I quit 5 minutes into trying to ice some cupcakes!
That’s why I wasn’t planning on sharing any kind of cake recipe on this blog, I am trying to save myself from the embarrassment.
My cakes always me make feel like a toddler coloring out of the lines. Some kind of edible graffiti!
I bake with my daughter once a week. It’s our little special time in the kitchen on Saturday morning. She loves it!
We decided on some cupcakes the other day.
As a result of our enthusiasm, I ended up with extra batter. Which I decided to bake into a cake. Yum! I don’t have those often anymore!
Mainly because of the cake decorating issue.
Since it was a carrot cake I really wanted to have some kind of tart icing to go with it. My husband thought it would balance the sweetness of the carrot cake. and it did!
This moist cake is delicious! No need to be an expert in the kitchen to make it!
Nothing tastes like cake bake from scratch if you ask me! It’s the only way for me!
All apologies for the decorating job, I will try to do better next time but no promises. I have no skills!
Lemon frosting carrot Cake
- 2 and ⅓ cup all-purpose, unbleached flour
- 1 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ⅓ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of veggie oil
- 1 and ¼ cup sugar
- 2 and ¾ cup grated of carrot
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of Apple cider vinegar
- Heat the over to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour and the rest of the dried ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Mix the oil, the carrot, the vinegar and the applesauce in a separate mixing bowl.
- Fold in the carrot mixture to the flour mixture. Combine well.
- Bake in a 12-inch pan or any medium baking pan you have on hand.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let's stand for at least two hours before adding frosting.
- 1 cup of vegan whip butter
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- juice from lemon
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- Using a mixer, combine all of the ingredients. Until cream and thick.