Loaded hash-brown | Vegan
I made this loaded hash-brown as a low key and easy breakfast this Saturday. It’s kid friendly, my daughter quite liked it!
She even asked for a second helping! Believe me, it’s pretty rare for her these days!
I particularly like the way the caramelized onions blend with the potatoes particular flavor. She said it’s perfect!💯💕
That’s what motivated me to share it with you on here! God knows she is not light with her compliments!
I used two types of potatoes: purple and golden. There is no particular reason for that other than I wanted to use them since they have been sitting around for awhile!
Let’s make some Loaded hash-brown
- 6 large golden potatoes, sliced ¼ inch in round or lengthwise
- 1 medium yellow onions, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ pack of firm tofu
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of all purpose seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Heat up the oven to 375.
- In a bowl mix the salt and pepper, the coconut oil and half of the seasoning.
- Add the potatoes and onions. Coat them well. Single layer them on a cooking sheet.Stick in the oven.Cook for 30 to 35 minutes until golden and crispy on the edges.
- Meanwhile, add the tofu to a skillet on medium heat. Crumble it. Add the leftover seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the turmeric. Coat the tofu really well with it. Let cook on low for another 5 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are done, serve them with the tofu scrambled.