Besides my home country cuisine, Indian cooking has a special place in my heart. The warm and fragrant spices, the colorful dishes are like an invitation to satisfy the senses and the appetite!
I could have Indian three times a day, seven days a week and be a very happy girl!
That might be some kind of culinary sacrilege but I like mixing Indian food with other ethnic food, just to see. Just to enjoy!
I am greedy like that!
One of the first Indian food I learn to make is the naan bread. Part because it’s so versatile, part because it’s so easy!
Nothing beats some warm naan bread with a side of baba ghanoush! Heavenly!
Hummus will do too!
How to make it?
Naan bread is unpretentious! I love serving it with freshly cut vegetables, baba ganoush when I have friends over.
It requires few ingredients, you probably have everything sitting in your pantry!
You will need unbleached flour, I like throwing some spelt in the mix for extra nutrition. Some Yeast, I use instant yeast to cut down the time. You will need baking powder, olive oil, salt, and water! Simple, right!
Naan Bread| How to | Vegan
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 Tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tsp. instant yeast or a packet
- 1/2 Tsp. salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup olive oil and some more for brushing
- Mix the yeast with the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Combine well. In a large bowl.
- Add the oil and the warm water to the flour mixture.
- Keep mixing for 4 minutes.
- Let rest on a floured surface for 10 minutes.
- Separate the dough into 6 equal balls.
- Let rise for 5 minutes.
- Flatten the rolls into round or oval shapes. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Brush lightly with some olive oil.
- Bake on Broil 475 degrees for 4 minutes or until golden.
- On the rack closest to the top. The higher the better.
There you have it! Warm delicious naan bread!
More recipe on this blog:
See you soon!