This potato tofu bowl is absolutely one of my favorite recipes! It’s done under 15 minutes, Loaded with vegetables, filling and delicious!
I made a video combining three of my go to favorite savory breakfast recipes, check it out to follow along with me!
This recipe is gluten-free, feel free to skip the tofu, it will still be tasty!
Don’t forget to check the other recipes in the savory breakfast ideas series!
Savory chickpeas waffle
Potato tofu bowl, what to expect?
Under 15 minutes
Potato tofu Bowl | Savory Breakfast Ideas
- 1 medium potato peeled
- 1 cup tofu crumbled
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1.2 cup onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- lime wedges for serving optional
- Tortilla optional
- 4 cups of water
- Cut the potato in cubes. bring the water to a boil. Add the potatoes.
- Par cook for 4 minutes. Don't let the potatoes cook all the way. They need to retain their shape.
- Meanwhile, cook the onion, cilantro, pepper in a tablespoon of water.
- Add the tofu. Let simmer for 5 minutes until most of the water is absorbed.
- Drain the potato cubes.
- Add the tofu mixture.
- Add the taco seasoning, turmeric, salt, and pepper.
- Combine well.
- Let simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges in a bowl or as a wrap.
Don’t forget to give this yummy recipe a try! tag me in your pictures @ ethicalandchic