I wanted to start this post with something like I may have a pumpkin/ everything fall addiction, then I realized… Who I am kidding?!
I am definitely addicted and obsessed with pumpkin, Fall, and every single thing it brings with it! It’s beautiful, the foods in season are wonderful, and the temperature is perfect!
My pumpkin Love story.
Creamy Coconut curry pumpkin soup? What?!
Would you believe me if tell you I used to think pumpkin was only made for Cinderella carriage, and eating it was not something I could picture myself doing? There was only one kind of pumpkin for me until I moved to the States. It was the “Haitian” pumpkin. I was so shocked when I found out people actually put pumpkin in their coffee, desserts and other stuff. There were two ways for me to eat pumpkin until then: Pumpkin Soup and mashed! Pretty basic, right?
Now I am addicted to pumpkin everything! I even favor the colors! Don’t believe me? Check out my Instagram theme!
Luckily I married someone who is as crazy as I am about Fall! He came home today to me making a gigantic pot of coconut curry pumpkin soup! Mind you, I was cooking in my underwear! TMI? Sorry!!!! 😜
Well, turns out he got me some pumpkin on his way home. I just got myself a big batch from the country store the same morning. At this rate, I will be bleeding pumpkin very soon! 🤡
Creamy coconut curry pumpkin soup
Now about this pumpkin soup, It was so delicious and velvety I absolutely had to share it with you my pal!
What to expect?
This pumpkin soup is:
a bit sweet
balance by some well-measured spices
Yes, I am aware I said Delicious twice! So worth it!
- 4 cup fresh cut pumpkin in cubes
- 5 veggie broth
- 1tsp. dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ tbsp. curry powder
- ½ cup coconut milk( full fat, from can)
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon mashed garlic
- ½ cup chopped yellow onions
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Heat up the oven to medium heat.
- Add the oil to warm up in a large pan.
- Add the onions in the oil to cook until translucent and has softened.
- Add the garlic, let cook until lightly brown.
- Add the coconut milk, the broth, the pumpkin.
- Let cook until the pumpkin is soft.
- Add the curry, the turmeric, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Puree with a hand blender until smooth.
- Thicken with 1 teaspoon of cornstarch mix in with 2 tablespoons of water. ( optional)
- Serve warm!
More pumpkin Recipes on this blog:
My other Blog: