Quiches are of those items that my mother loved to have at our Sunday dinner table. They could be vegetables quiche, meat, or a mix of both. She can really get creative with them.
I haven’t been able to have them since I have been vegan. I only have a couple of quiche recipes that I like, one has a crust that needs to be made ahead, the other is this Quinoa quiche cups that I am about to share with you.
These Quinoa quiche cups are gluten-free and easy as everything else I make in the kitchen!
I usually use whatever vegetable I have on the crisper, nutritional yeast is a must! These quinoa quiche cups smell so amazing when baking, It’s really hard not to eat the entire batch and forget to share!
Who doesn’t like tasty healthy food! It’s also a looker!
What to expect:?
These quinoa quiche cups are:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cup spinach, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 3 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ½ cup silken tofu
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup red onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- water to cook the quinoa
- Heat up the oven to 350 degrees F or 180 C.
- Cook the quinoa according to the packaging.
- Meanwhile, cook the garlic in the olive oil until golden.
- Add the onion, let cook it until softened.
- Add the bell pepper, spinach, parsley, salt, and pepper. Let cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Meanwhile, add the tofu to a food processor with the nutritional yeast. Blend until smooth.
- Let the veggies and quinoa cool for a few minutes.
- Combine the quinoa with the vegetables.
- Pour the tofu mixture over the quinoa mixture. Mix well.
- Pour in a medium lined muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let the quiche cups cool completely before removing from the pan. Go easy!
I hope you give them a try!
See you soon!
On my other blog: