Delicious, decadent rice crispy treats covered with roasted pistachios and espresso chocolate sauce. So good, it feels so wrong, so sinful!
Crunchy chocolate covered goodness! with a touch of salty roasted pistachio. Everything seems right in my world when I am eating these!
Big warning: these rice crispy treats are truly addicting!
It’s been a while since I have had a rice crispy, maybe since I became all plant-based really. I looked for some pre-made at the grocery store but the ingredient list turned me right off, hydrogenated cottonseed oil, palm oil, sugar, red, and caramel colors. No thanks!
So instead of buying the rice crispies with the mile-long list of questionable ingredients, I decided to make my own. I grabbed a box of brown rice puff. Ingredient list: Brown rice. A jar of peanut butter, ingredient list: roasted peanuts. No salt added, no oil, no sugar. Just the way I like it! Thank you very much!
Some dark chocolate, all vegan, 100 percent cacao, and fair trade. Maple syrup, pistachios because I am currently obsessed! some vegan marshmallow, after all, no matter how I put this is not going to be a healthy ordeal, I might as well embrace it! why pretend now? I added some espresso beans at the last minute!
What should you expect from making those treats?
Rice Crispy treats to blow your mind, really! They have the right amount of chocolate, well balanced by the espresso beans and marshmallows. They are gluten-free, vegan, no baking necessary, and totally worth the 40 minute it takes to make them. Just don’t forget to keep them in freezer otherwise, they will melt. What a mess and a waste that would be! You should definitely give them a try!
More from this blog:
Rice crispy treat covered pistachio and chocolate
- 2 cups rice puffs no sugar added
- 1/4 unsalted peanut butter or cashew butter or pumpkin seeds butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 6 squares of baking dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup marshmallows optional
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanut butter
- 1/2 cup crushed roasted and lightly salted pistachio optional
- First, line a baking pan around 6-8 inch with parchement paper. set aside.
- Then, in a saucepan add the 1/4 cup of peanut butter with the maple syrup on low heat. Keep stirring it's melted and smooth.
- Meanwhile, add the rice puffs in a mixing bowl, pour the peanut mixture over it.
- Combine really well. Transfer the mixture to the baking pan in one layer. Press firmly to the bottom of the pan.
- Let it sit in the freezer for half an hour.
- Just before you take out the rice crispies of the freezer. in the same saucepan, add the chocolate, the 1/2 cup of peanut butter, marshmallows, and the maple syrup.
- Once melted, take out the crispies out of the freezer. Pour the chocolate mixture over spreading really well. Sprinkle with the pistachio.
- Put back in the freezer until the top is firm.
****************This post contains ads.************