Who does like a meal done under 20 minutes with option to get it as meal prep for the rest of the week if they wish?
I know I do!
This roasted red pepper pasta is what you need when time seems to run away from you or you are just too hungry for anything elaborate!
I personally like adding some shredded red cabbage for some added crunch and interest.
This roasted red pepper pasta is one my daughter’s favorite. She usually polishes it off with no complaints!
Of course, this recipe is completely vegan; you can make it gluten-free and oil-free.
To achieve this delicious pasta recipe you will need:
- roasted red peppers(store bought or homemade)
- whole wheat pasta
- red pepper flakes
- chives or parsley
This roasted red pepper sauce is great with baked potatoes, boiled plantains, etc.
I usually make a big batch of it to use it the rest of the week to pair with things like tofu and eggplant.
Oops! Now I am drooling!
Roasted red pepper pasta
- 16 oz whole wheat or gluten free pasta
- 1 jar roasted red pepper OR 3 cups
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- parsley for garnish
- For the Sauce: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Peel the garlic and chop the onion.Toss them in the olive oil. Spread on a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes or until the garlic is slightly golden.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package.
- In a blender, add the roasted the red pepper, the garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and onions. Blend until smooth.
- Toss the pasta in the sauce. Use as such or as little you prefer. Reserve any leftover sauce for later dishes.
- Serve the pasta topped with parsley and vegan cheese.
More posts from this blog:
- Clean vegan brands for people of color
- Clean vegan natural deodorants that really work
- Easy gluten-free vegan ramen noodles
- Free cloth diapers for low income families
- Cloth Diapering 101: Everything to get you started!
Don’t forget to share your pictures with me and tag ethicalandchic
What is your go to quick and delicious weeknight recipe?