Rosemary Stuffed French Toast
I remember making these French toasts exactly 2 years ago! It used to be my favorite recipe even when I wasn’t vegan!
I hope you don’t think it’s an odd combination to add rosemary to a sweet food. It actually started as a mistake. I wanted to reach for mint, but rosemary was what I poured in. Happy mistake!
The rosemary flavor goes so perfectly with the raspberry jam. It’s to die for!
- 6 slices of firm bread,crust removed
- 2 teaspoon of flax meal ( finely ground)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of almond milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon of dried,gorund rosamary
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon of maple syrup
- ½ cup raspberry jam
- Combine the flax meal and the rest of the ingredients omitting the bread. Let the mixture rest for 10 minutes.Meanwhile ,Warm up your non stick skillet on medium low.
- On a cutting board. Lay the bread slices flat,roll with a pastry pin. This will it to keep it shape while cooking. Add in the in the jam lengthwise,dip in the flax mixture. Cook in in the skillet seam side down. Cook 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Serve with you favorite toppings and enjoy!
I usually follow a recipe for vegan french bread, just add in some freshly chopped rosemary as a modification.