Saucy Sugar Snap Peas
This is something I don’t eat that often! It’s weird to explain. Sugar snap pea is one of those foods I like but never really reach for!
It’s like I forgot how much I enjoy them until they are in my mouth! Weird, I know!
Is there any food that makes you feel that way?
This Saucy Sugar Snap Pea is pretty good!
It also takes only 14 minutes to make!
Sugar snap peas are in between snow peas and English peas. Both delicious by the way! Sugar snap peas are delicious raw with some tahini sauce or briefly cooked like in this recipe. Brief because you want to preserve the sweetness and the beautiful green color while the peas are bit crunchy. Yum!
Saucy Sugar Snap Pea goes so well with quinoa, hashbrown or baked garlic sweet potatoes.
- 8 oz fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ chopped green onions or leeks.( mostly the white parts)
- ¾ cup chopped tomatoes with juice
- Saute the garlic in a large skillet in hot oil. Over medium to low heat.
- Add the leeks and tomatoes.
- Let cook stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
- Add the peas, salt, and peppers.
- Let cook for 2 minutes
saucy sugar snap peas
This orzo veggies and pine nuts go really well with it!
Are you sugar snap peas kind of person or is it out sight out of heart just like me?
Tag #ethicalandchic in your yummy pictures for a repost!