Sausage and peppers- Beyond Meat
Vegan Italian sausage and peppers that are delicious, full of flavors for the vegan who missed childhood comfort food, for when you are entertaining or just in a rush to get dinner on the table!
I have never put an item so fast in my shopping cart before I saw the Beyond sausage in display at whole foods!
If you tried the beyond meat burgers, I am sure you will catch my drift! The beyond burgers gave me a real taste of what vegan meat alternatives could be.
Just in case you are not aware of this brand or never thought of trying it, the beyond burger is a juicy, vegan burger that smell, feel, and taste like animal meat but with benefits of more protein, less fat, zero cholesterol, cruelty, and blood.
So, What’s up with the Beyond Sausage?
Whether or not you think it’s healthy, well I think it’s a personal decision to add faux meat to your diet or not. Some of us miss having an excellent juicy burger that mimics the real thing; some of us don’t care for it for numerous reasons.
Anyways, the beyond sausage comes in three flavors: Original Bratwurst, Sweet Italian, and Hot Italian.
It’s the very first plant-based sausage on the market that is close to the real thing. Any unsuspected eater wouldn’t be the wiser.
Beyond meat, the promise is a plant-based sausage that “looks, sizzles, and satisfies like traditional pork sausage.”
The beyond sausage is soy-free, gluten-free, and GMO-free. The meat-like and protein texture comes from fava beans, peas, and rice. The red color comes from beets, the fat from coconut oil. The casing is from algae which makes it completely vegan. The beyond sausage comes at 16 g of protein and 38 percent less saturated fat than pork sausage (for two sausages), and loads of juiciness and flavors!
Find out more nutritional information on beyond sausages
I couldn’t stop eating it! So far, I have had it grilled, and pan fried. Hot danm! I overate the first two times I had it before I decided to pace myself! It’s a dangerous thing for the waistline for me to have around.
The original tastes like plain sausage, the sweet Italian is perfect as a breakfast sausage, and the spicy Italian is perfectly seasoned!
More vegan recipes:
Sausage and peppers- Vegan recipe
- 1/4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup marsala wine (optional)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes for extra heat- (optional)
- 1 pack of Beyond sausage or any type of tasty vegan sausage you prefer.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium low heat. Cut the sausage around 1/4 inch thick.
- add the sausage to the skillet. Let brown for 6 minutes. Remove from the pan and drain.
- Mince the garlic finely.
- Increase the heat to medium, add the chopped peppers, garlic, onions, salt, and black pepper.Let cook until the onion is slightly caramelized.
- Add the oregano and the marsala wine if any.
- Re add the sausage to the pan. Combine well.
- Serve over pasta, rice, potatoes, or plantains.
Get the next post straight to your inbox!