Vegan Italian sausage and peppers that is really delicious, full of flavors for the vegan who missed childhood comfort food, for when you are entertaining or just in a rush to get dinner on the table!
I have never put an item so fast in my shopping cart before I saw the Beyond sausage in display at whole foods!
If you tried the beyond meat burgers I am sure you will catch my drift! The beyond burgers gave me a real taste of what vegan meat alternatives could be.
Just in case you are not aware of this brand or never thought of trying it, the beyond burger is a juicy, vegan burger that smell, feel, and taste like animal meat but with benefits of more protein, less fat, zero cholesterol , cruelty, and blood.
Whether or not you think it’s healthy, well I think it’s a personal decision to add faux meat to your diet or not. Some of us miss having a nice juicy burger that mimic the real thing, some of us just don’t care for it for numerous reasons.
Anyways, the beyond sausage comes in three flavors: Original Bratwurst, Sweet Italian, and Hot Italian.
It’s the very first plant based sausage on the market that is really close to the real thing. Any unsuspected eater wouldn’t be the wiser.
Beyond meat promise is a plant based sausage that “looks, sizzles, and satisfies like traditional pork sausage”.
The beyond sausage is soy-free, gluten-free, and GMO-free. The meat-like and protein texture come from fava beans, peas, and rice. The red color comes from beets, the fat from coconut oil. The casing is from algae which makes it completely vegan. The beyond sausage comes at 16 g of protein and 38 percent less saturated fat than pork sausage (for two sausages), and loads of juiciness and flavors!
I couldn’t stop eating it! So far, I have had it grilled, and pan fried. Hot danm! I pigged out the first two times I had it before I decided to pace myself! It’s a dangerous thing for the waistline for me to have around.
The original tastes like plain sausage, the sweet Italian is perfect as a breakfast sausage, and the spicy Italian is perfectly seasoned!
More vegan recipes:
Vegan sausage and peppers
As for this sausage and pepper, with onions, feel free to enjoy it on pasta, jasmine rice, and in sandwiches! I personally have it on ripe plantains. The combination of flavors is just unearthly! It really hits the spot with some cheddar style vegan cheese on vegan buns and some sauerkraut.
Feel free to add any extra heat to suit your need or just enjoy as is.This recipe is totally handy for summer barbecues. It’s a guaranteed hit and crowd pleaser!
Sausage and peppers- Vegan recipe
- 1/4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup marsala wine (optional)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes for extra heat- (optional)
- 1 pack of Beyond sausage or any type of tasty vegan sausage you prefer.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium low heat. Cut the sausage around 1/4 inch thick.
- add the sausage to the skillet. Let brown for 6 minutes. Remove from the pan and drain.
- Increase the heat to medium, add the chopped peppers, onions, salt, and black pepper.Let cook until the onion is slightly caramelized.
- Add the oregano and the marsala wine if any.
- Re add the sausage to the pan. Combine well.
- Serve over pasta, rice, potatoes, or plantains.
- Vegan Wines
- Easy dinner ideas for two
- Celery juice
- Moon Juice beauty shroom exfoliating acid potion review
- Tofu Steaks with capers relish
- Sausage and peppers
Question of the day:
Have you tried any of the Beyond meat products?
What’s your favorite beyond meat product?