I first wanted to make some soup with it and thought of this instead as daughter tends to devour stir-fry and turn her nose of at soups. I prefer soup but as a parent, I don’t always get what I want!
It goes really well with some rice spiced with cumin seeds or cardamon pods.
- 2 bunches broccolini, slice lengthwise
- ½ block tofu
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- 2 cup packed kale, chopped, ribs removed
- 1 tbsps. garlic
- 1 tbsps. ginger, mashed
- ¼ cup amino liquids
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 small leek, chopped. Green and white parts.
- 1 tsp. sunflower oil
- Cooked rice
- Chili or ancho powder
- ½ tsp. sesame oil
- Squeeze all water from the tofu with a towel.
- Heat up the store on medium.
- In a large pan, add the sunflower oil and the tofu. Let cook until the tofu is crispy and golden.
- Add the garlic and ginger, let them coom for a minute.
- Add the leek, the broccolini, the kale, and the almond butter, sesame oil.
- Combine well.
- Add the broth, salt, chili powder, and amino liquids. Mix and cover tightly.
- Lower the heat. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix in the cornstarch. Combine really well.
- Let simmer for another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles sprinkled with sesame seeds.
More recipes from this blog: