Simple Vegan Hashbrown
I don’t know about you but I can never get enough of hashbrown! They are so tasty! They are also very versatile and easy to make!
I like my hashbrown with a crispy edge, soft in the center.
Hashbrown is a great way to add diversity to your diet or just try out a new potato recipe. Now that I am thinking about it, we all have had hashbrown in some form or other at some point in our lives! Especially If you are in the States.
I like to cut the potatoes into small chunks with the skin on for flavor and maximum nutrition. It’s also more filling, not that I mind the extra potato; this thing is delicious!
Simple Vegan hashrown
- 2½ lbs round red potatoes or the golden ones, chopped roughly skin on
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small onion chopped
- Cook the potatoes in a saucepan; to a boil. Barely let it cook for 3 minutes. It's important that you don't let the potatoes get fully cooked, especially if you cut them really thin.
- Drain and chill for 20 minutes. Or just drain and splash with ice cold water.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the potatoes, the garlic and the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook in cast iron skillet for 10 minutes, turning every once and awhile.
- Bring heat to low.
- Cook for another 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden and crispy.
Ready to give this recipe a try? Tag me in your beautiful creations on Instagram @ethicalalandchic!
In the mood for some parfait? Check out my quinoa pistachio parfait post here!