Spicy cactus chunky salsa
The first time I had cactus was out on a date with my now husband. He is one of those people who is always looking for something new and delicious to try. I remembered having this yummy cactus salsa and chips at this small Mexican restaurant in Delaware, it was so delicious that I ordered the cactus fajitas as my entrée.
I have been hooked on cactus since then!
I decided to have a Mexican theme dinner night a few days ago. Besides some refried beans, tacos, rice, and burritos, I made some spicy cactus salsa.
There is nothing like some fresh tasting salsa with your refried beans and rice!
Here is how I made it!
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- ½ jar of nopalitos( baby cactus), chopped finely
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1 large piece of garlic mashed
- ½ teaspoon of salt or to taste
- 2 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of cilantro, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon of sriracha sauce or cayenne pepper ( to taste) or ½ cup chopped jarred jalapenos pepper
- Mixed everything in a large mixing bowl. Combine well. Let chill before serving. Adjust the heat to your tolerance level.
Talk to you later!