This spicy Thai jackfruit will explode your mind and taste buds!
If you are not a fan of jackfruit or haven’t tried it yet, it’s time for you to reevaluate! Frankly, you need to align, like now! Jackfruit is available online canned or at your nearest Asian store. It can get too pricey to my liking when I get it fresh but it tastes so much better that way! You can eat it raw or in recipes like this spicy Thai jackfruit vegetables and herbs. Now that’s a taste fest!
This recipe with only take 25 minutes to make, it’s great served over rice or as taco loaded with cilantro and avocado. I usually enjoy the rest over toast for breakfast or on a lettuce wrap as a low carb meal. YUM!!! It also tastes so fresh.
- Cooked rice
- 1 canned jackfruit in brine
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- ⅓ cup green onions
- 1 tbsp ginger
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 medium lime juice
- a handful of fresh mint
- ⅓ cup lemongrass
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp garlic mashed
- ¼ cup roughly chopped Thai basil
- ½ Tsp salt
- Heat up the coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and green onion. Let cook until soften.
- Drain the jackfruit. Add it to the pan.
- Add the ginger.
- Add the cabbage, the carrot, basil, and lemongrass, chili powder, and salt.
- Let simmer until the vegetables are tender but not overcooked.
- Add the lime juice, stir in the mint and serve immediately over rice.
Now that you’ve tried this spicy Thai jackfruit recipe you will definitely need to give this easy jackfruit chili a go. I promise you will love it!