Summer Cucumber and Corn salad
Ok Summer, Me and my garden are way ahead of you!
Look at this salad bowl! One of my all time favorites!
The veggies are from my garden by the way! My husband is really into growing your own food time of thing! Thank goodness as plants have this weird habit of dying just from one glimpse of my hands! ( true story!) 😂
I can’t stand carrots or cucumber by themselves but strangely it seems I cannot get enough of them when they are together or with other foods.
I usually make it overnight, let the flavors mingle til the next day. This cucumber salad is perfect for Summer. It’s very hydrating, packed with goodness and quite filling.
I also made a version with cracked frekeh for those times I need something more robust that will stick to my ribs!
Let’s go make this cucumber salad already!
- 2 fresh cucumber, washed and skinned
- 2 tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley
- 1 cup of grilled kettle corn ( canned or boiled work too)
- ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 table of apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup thinly sliced carrots
- ⅓ cup of thinly sliced onions
- Any seeds of your choice ( optional)
- Mix the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper, crushed pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the veggies. Mix everything. Coat well.
- At this point, you can either chill it or enjoy straight away!
There, short, sweet, and delicious!
Go grab yours!