Sun dried tomatoes and Hummus wrap
The other day a co-worker made some delicious spinach wrap for a vegan potluck we had at work. She was so kind to only use plant-based ingredients! 😍
The wrap was so lovely I had to ask her for the recipe. She also cut them into bite size rolls, they were cute!
I really wanted some today but wanted something a bit lighter. She originally used vegan cream cheese and spinach but I wanted some hummus instead and some crunchier veggies.
It’s pretty easy to make, even a beginner cook can make that in their sleep. You can always get store bought hummus to cut time and use any leafy greens you have on hands.
- 3 whole grain flour tortillas
- 6 large lettuce leave uncut
- 1 cup roasted pepper hummus ( recipe is below)🤗
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup roasted bell peppers cut in julienne
- You can either warm up the tortillas 30 seconds each side on frying pan before using them to make them softer or use as they are.
- Spread the hummus evenly on each of the tortillas.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, the bell peppers, the lettuce in layers.
- Roll tightly and enjoy!
Let’s go make some hummus!
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas
- 1 cup roasted bell peppers ( I got mine from the store to cut the time)
- 1\2 teaspoon of salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon of crushed garlic or garlic powder
- A food processor
- Add the chickpeas and the rest of the ingredients in the food processor. Blend until smooth.Stop to scrap the sides if necessary.
- Enjoy with fresh cut veggies.
Looking for something more hearty? Check out my jackfruit chili!