This sweet potato casserole is Fall in a plate!
Fall is the Season of changes!
This sweet potato casserole is made with wonderful spices like clove, cinnamon, cardamon. It smells so wonderful when baking!
Fall is one of those seasons that just make me feel so inspired! The warm color of the leaves, the beautiful Sunsets, the smell of the burning woods are stuff dreams are made of!
It’s the perfect season for long walks, I tend to wake up earlier in fall to enjoy the sounds of the birds in my backyard while enjoying a hot cup chai tea.
This chai sweet potato casserole is one my go-to Fall recipes. We grow the potatoes in our backyard garden, so it’s a great way to use this much-appreciated supply!
What to expect from this recipe?
This chai sweet potato casserole is great as a dessert or if you are anything like me you will be tempted to have it for breakfast!
Chai Sweet potato casserole
Chai Sweet Potato casserole | Vegan
- 1 large orange sweet potato
- 1 large orange or 1/3 cup Grand Marnier
- 1 tbs. chia spices
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup vegan marshmallows Link to vegan marshmallows will be below the post **
- 1 tbs. lemon juice
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vegan butter
- Peel the potato and cut it in cubes.
- Add them to some boiling water. Let them cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the water.
- Mash potato cubes roughly with a fork.
- Heat up the oven to 375 F degrees or 190 C.
- Add the butter, the salt, sugar, chai spices, sugar, lemon juice, and orange juice or Grand Marnier. Combine gently.
- Transfer to a baking pan.
- Top withmarshmallow pieces,
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Then switch the oven on broil for 4 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold!
I hope you enjoy the wonderful flavors and experiences that Fall brings along and try out some sweet potato casserole if you haven’t done so!
**This post contains affiliated Links**
More from this blog:
From my other Blog:
My English-French Bilingual Blog: