Nothing can beat a simple, delicious meal!
These sweet potato chickpea bowls are so easy, I love making them ahead just in case I need a quick pick me up.
They taste so good!
That’s also the only way I can stomach radicchio. Man, this thing is rough!
I buy chickpeas in bulk, it’s cheaper that way. Besides I eat this stuff buy the tones! There are so many ways to enjoy it! Hummus, soups, in stir-fries, baked, baba ganoush, sprinkled in salads and pureed…
3 reasons to eat more chickpeas
Sweet potato chickpea bowls are good, now here are 3 reasons to eat these beans:
One cup of cooked chickpeas contains 15 g of plant-based protein. Well, here is one way to answer when you get the ignorant question: ” where do you get your protein?”
One cup of cooked chickpea has 12.5 g of fiber. Fiber helps soften stools and helps alleviate constipation.
One cup of cooked chickpeas provides 94 percent of our daily recommended intake of manganese.
There are so many ways to enjoy chickpeas and so many reasons to do it.
Why should you try those Sweet potato chickpea bowl?
First of they are convenient! If you have canned chickpeas, dinner will only be 5 minutes away!
sweet with a touch of curry!
Sweet potato chickpea bowl | Deliciously vegan
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup cubed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 tbs. curry powder
- 3 cups veggie broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs. green onions chopped
- 1 tbs. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Lettuce or radicchio cut into cups.
- Cooked the garlic in some water until soften in a pan.
- Add the chickpeas, the potatoes, broth, and the rest of the ingredients.
- On medium heat, cover the pan tightly.
- Let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Let cool, serve into the lettuce or radicchio cups.
- They are great drizzle with tahini.