Tahini Butternut squash soup
Tahini makes stuff like soups so much better! YUM! So creamy…
It’s no secret that I love soups! In fact, It’s my favorite thing to eat. Cold or hot weather!
I made this tahini butternut squash soup yesterday, I was so rainy and so gloomy. I had this beautiful, gigantic butternut squash laying around on my kitchen counter.
First, I wanted to have roasted butternut squash sprinkle with nuts or some seeds. Then, all I wanted to have some delicious, warm soup.
The perfect companion to a warm cozy fire, hot, and steamy cup of tea, or chocolate. I could never choose! Haha! Why should I? 😜👊🏽
What to expect?
Tahini butternut squash soup is warm, creamy, delicious, a bit nutty, easy to make, vegan, and comforting.
More soup recipes from this blog:
My other blog:
Don’t forget to a healthy helping of crushed roasted pistachio or silvered almonds for good measure! So wickedly delicious!
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 6 small garlic cloves
- 1 cup yellow onions, finely chopped
- 6- 8 cups of water
- 1 bouillion cube
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. parsley flakes
- 1 lime
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. thyme
- roasted pistachio or almond for serving
- Peel the squash using a vegetable peeler or a sharp knife. slice in half.
- Remove the seeds, set aside.
- Cut the squash in cubes.
- Add the garlic, the onions, parsley, and everything else except for the nuts if you have any.
- Let cook for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Either put everything a large blender and pulse until smooth.
- Or use a hand blender to puree the squash and the other ingredients until smooth.
- Let the soup thicken.
- Serve topped with roasted nuts.