Teriyaki tofu! Yumtastic! Delicious! Easy, quick, and all vegan! Loaded with vegetable. You will go for seconds!
I made it other night! It was so good, even better the day after!
I try to avoid soy most of the time, too much of it makes me break out leaving me looking puffy and quite red for a brown girl!
So, this teriyaki tofu is a rare treat for me still at a very limited amount.
I know I could just have the vegetable without the tofu but the craving was too strong for half measure!
What to expect?
This teriyaki tofu is made for a busy and crazy night! It will be done under 25 minutes and require minimum cleaning after! What a joy!
Teriyaki tofu Vegetable | Quick vegan dinner Idea
- 1 lb tofu
- 1/2 cup white onion chopped
- 2 large red bell pepper
- 2 broccoli head
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. ginger
- 1 tbsp. garlic
- 1/3 cup tamari sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
- Cooked rice quinoa, pasta, or baked potatoes
- Heat up the oven at medium heat.
- Remove the tofu from packaging. Press the liquid out by using a tofu press or using an absorbent kitchen towel.
- Cut the tofu into cubes.
- Add to a non-stick frying pan on the heat.
- Let cook until the water is evaporated and tofu turns golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, Chop and wash the vegetables and cut them.
- Remove the tofu from the pan, set aside.
- Add the garlic to the same pan, the ginger, the vegetable broth, tamari, onion, bell pepper, broccoli, and maple syrup.
- Let simmer for medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the tofu. Stir really well.
- Dilute the cornstarch with a tablespoon of water stir into the sauce mixture.
- Finally, add the sesame seeds.
- Serve over rice, pasta, potatoes, or whatever you like.
More tofu recipes from this blog: