Tex-Mex Grilled tofu Salad | Ethical and Chic
I made this salad 2 weeks ago, I never got around to share it with you! I was too busy testing out new ones! At this rate I will have to start running again! All of that cooking,testing, and sampling can not be good for the waistline!
I made this tex-mex grilled tofu for lunch but my little girl eat half of it before I could even get a chance to put it in my Tupperware! Yep, my toddler loves salads and green smoothies!
This salad will definitely be in my regular rotation this Spring and Summer! It has the right around of freshness,crunch,good carbs, and protein! I can’t wait to go a little nuts with the sriracha!
If you are not a big fan of taco seasonings, you could replace it with herb De Provence, Italian spices, or just plain garlic and pepper. I wonder what kind of results I would get if I swap the romaine lettuce for spinach? Maybe go with the herb de Provence idea with a side of sour kraut?
magine having that in a hot summer day with iced cold glass of lemonade?
Tex-Mex Grilled tofu Salad
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 half a block of firm tofu sliced lengthwise
- 1 packet of taco seasoning (vegan
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in hal
- 1/2 cup sliced red onions
- 1/2 cup black beans salsa or plain cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 small avocado chopped
- Heat up your non stick grill on medium. Rob the tofu with the taco seasoning. Grill each side for 4 minutes. In blender add in the cilantro, lime,salt ,and pepper. Blend until smooth. on a plate arrange your lettuce,tomatoes, onions,and beans. Top with grilled tofu,avocado. drizzle the dressing over it. Squeeze any left over lime juice on the salad.
I can’t wait for Summer! yum?!