This turmeric coconut quinoa will get you hooked! It’s great to eat by itself or just toss in a salad! Don’t forget the avocado!
What if I told you I ate this recipe all week last week. Yes, I really did! Crazy, right! I had it for lunch, or at least for one meal a day!What happened is, I made a gigantic batch of this turmeric coconut quinoa. I meant to freeze it and send some with one of my friends who loves when I cook this kind of stuff, but she never showed, she thought I mean next week! On top of that, I realized my freezer was way too full to store the extra. Here I was eating yummy quinoa until I really don’t want to see it for at least another week, maybe two.
I got quite really creative with it, really! I tossed it in salads, ate it with grilled marinated tofu, with a side of avocado, and kimchi. All so delicious and filling!
what should you make this turmeric coconut quinoa recipe?
For once, it’s delicious like I mentioned before. It’s under 20 minutes. Yay for busy people! It’s loaded with good stuff for your body like fiber from the quinoa, the onion in it is great for your immune system, antioxidants from the turmeric. It’s great to make ahead if you are into meal planning!
More from this blog:
Turmeric coconut quinoa
- 1 cup 1/2 uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup miso paste or 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- Heat up the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion.
- Let them cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the turmeric, broth, and coconut milk.
- Bring the mixture to boil.
- Add the miso paste or the salt.
- Add the quinoa. Combine well.
- Let cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the quinoa get a little transparent and soft.
- Serve warm.