This turmeric oatmeal bowl just brings me the right amount of sunshine in the early grimy morning. When It gets colder I tend to gravitate toward warmer breakfast like this porridge and have less of my so prized green smoothies in the morning. Well, it just makes more sense to me; filling my stomach while keeping warm and ready to face whatever the day throws at me!
Why should you add turmeric to your diet?
Turmeric has this natural compound called curcumin when ingested along with black pepper become anti inflammatory powerhouse.
Curcumin is a polyphenol which is an organic chemical also found in epigallocatechin from green tea, capsaicin from red chili, resveratrol in grapes and peanuts. Curcumin is also what gives turmeric root its beautiful orange color.
Because curcumin, turmeric is antifungal and antibacterial.
Turmeric is a great immune booster, loaded with vitamins, fatty acids, and minerals.
I love it! I enjoy in latte, smoothies, juices, and porridge. Turmeric is an acquired taste but will quickly grow on you! You will crave it even!
Why should you try this recipe?
This turmeric oatmeal recipe is easy to make! It’s a great way to add nutrients to your diet while trying something new and shake your routine a bit!
This recipe could be a great way to introduce turmeric to your diet if you are not familiar to it and not sure if you are going to like it. It’s also beneficial as you will get a good dose of antioxidant and antiinflammatory in your diet first thing the morning along fiber, great fat, vitamins, ad minerals. What a great way to start the day!
*Great for overnight meal prep
*packed with fiber
*Easy on the eyes- I am a firm believer that digestion start with the eye- This beautiful bowl of oatmeal with get you excited to eat it!
*good for you!
This is my latest favorite way to enjoy oats, I hope it brings some sunshine and brightness to you all day!
- 1 and 1/2 cup steel cut oats soak overnight i 2 cups of water for quick cooking don't worry the texture will not be affected!
- 1 cup soy milk ( or any type of non-dairy milk)
- 1 thumb size turmeric root ( grated) or 1 tbsp. turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 ripe banana ( for natural sweetness)
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 3 chopped dates (optional)
- On medium heat, add the soak oats with the water to a medium saucepan.Bring to a boil.
- Add the grated turmeric, the dates, pepper, and ripe bananas.Let cook until the oats soften.
- Add the flax seed. Stir well.
- Remove the oats from the heat. Add he soy milk.Stir.
- Serve topped with berries.
More breakfast recipe from this blog: