I cannot believe 7 years ago I didn’t even know such thing as pancake exist! Now, Sunday is not complete without those fluffy deliciousness!
I mean,I cannot picture myself getting tired of them anytime soon! They are so many ways to make them. Ever tried banana oats pancakes? They are heavenly!
My Haitian mother would probably disown me if she knew I’d rather have them instead of some healthy buckwheat crepes or couscous breakfast!
One thing about February I love is Chocolate of any sort become readily available everywhere! I found some vegan mini chocolate chips that I just cannot get enough of! I could eat them straight out of the bag!
My little girl is usually very eager to help me with breakfast in the morning,the idea of leaking the batter of the spoon is enough motivation for her!
That has become our little Sunday morning ritual!
- 2 cup of spelt flour
- ½ cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 medium medium ripe banana
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¾ cup non dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon flaxmeal
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or cinnamon powder or both
- In a mixing bowl,mash the banana with a fork, add in the dry ingredients. Mix them well.
- Follow by the syrup,milk,and vanilla. Mix well. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Warm up a non stick pan on medium to low heat. Pour half a cup of the batter, Let it cook for 3 to 5 minutes washing it closely. Flip.
- Once it's done set aside and keep warm covered with a kitchen towel or in the microwave. Repeat.
Enjoy! I had some last week with some fresh passion fruits juice.
Until next time...
Stay Ethical and Chic!