Crepes are my thing!
Way before vegan crepes!
Back in the day when I was in college, my girlfriends and I used to have a standing crepe date every Friday. We used to go to this restaurant chain that was the Haitian equivalent to Ihop in the States.
They offered a large variety of pizza, sandwiches only them know how to make, ice creams, other odd selection and a large offering of crepes!
The crepe maker had her own station tuck into a corner of the store. She worked fast and was great to comply to some of the most eccentric demands!
Those days were fun!
My go-to crepe at that point was the crepe Suzette, some time for a change of pace I’d ask to surprise me!
Surprise I was every single time!
Have you ever have crepe stuffed with a heart of palm and peppers? It’s a feast for the palate!
My crepe skills are nowhere near those seasoned crepe makers from my beloved island but I do know how to make a few mean ones.
This recipe is one my go-to for a quick batch on Saturday morning for brunch.
They take less than 15 minutes to make!
What to expect?
These vegan crepes are:
melt in the mouth!
3 ingredients vegan crepes
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2½ cup rice milk
- 1 tbs. pumpkin spice (optional)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- In a blender, add the oats the rice milk, the sugar, and the pumpkin spice.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Warm up a nonstick pan on medium heat.
- Add ⅓ cup of batter. Cover the bottom of the pan with it.
- Let cook until little bubbles start to form on the surface.
- Flip and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve topped with your favorite toppings. The sky is the limit!
More from this blog: