Vegan Okra and Chorizo stir Fry
I made this okra recipe the other day and it didn’t make it to the next day for leftovers!
I don’t wanna make it like I am dancing to the sound of my own drums but it’s a must try!
It’s taste great served over rice or baked sweet potatoes!
let’s do this!
- 3 cups of frozen cut baby okra
- 1 cup of yellow onion chopped
- ½ tablespoon of ashed garlic
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ cup cut fresh parsley
- 1 cup of chopped of red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 and ½ cup of water plus 2 tablespoon
- 2 cups of chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tube of chorizo about 1 cup
- ½ cup of chopped tomatoes
- Heat up the pan to low.
- Cook the onion and the garlic in 2 tablespoon of water. Let cook until the onion is translucent. Add the chorizo,let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the okra,and the rest of the ingredients. Increase the heat on medium to low. Let simmer for for 20 to 25 minutes until the okra is tender. Stir in between, so it doesn't stick to the pan.
Don’t forget to give it a try!