These vegan potato tacos are to die for! The flavor of the oven caramelized figs and the roasted purple potatoes are a match made in heavens! I could totally eat them every day!
These tacos are so wickedly delicious, I find myself craving them quite often! It’s such a wonderful way to use fig when they are in season! You definitely won’t miss the meat when eating those! I made these tacos the other day with the intention of taking some for lunch the next day but they were all gone, my little girl just ate the potatoes and figs with a squeeze of lime ignoring the tortillas.
I love having these vegan potato tacos for breakfast when I know a full and busy day is ahead. They stick with me until mid-afternoon meal.
These vegan potato tacos will be so perfect for summer, either for a barbecue, or if you are looking for some delicious and simple plant-based recipes to whip-up for a quick get together!
Purple potatoes have four times the amount of antioxidant found in Russet potatoes. They are great healthy food coloring alternatives ( no artificial dye).
Why should you try these vegan purple potato fig tacos?
These tacos are easy to make, low maintenance; just cut the potatoes, coat them with spices, and stick them in the oven with the figs until they are done. You can eat them with or without the tortillas, add a side of tofu or a salad for a brand new meal! When you are done, there is minimal clean-up and plenty of time to catch up with what’s important to you!
More recipes from this blog:
- 4 medium purple potatoes
- 4 figs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 medium red onion, cut thinly divided in half
- 1 tbsp olive oil, black truffle oil for extra depth ( optional)
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 lime for serving
- 1 bunch of flat parsley
- 8 gluten-free tortillas
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, cut the potatoes in small chunks. Add them to a large bowl.
- Add half of the onions, the garlic, the oil, salt, pepper, and paprika. Mix well.
- Make sure the potatoes are well coated.
- Transfer to a line baking tray.
- Slice the fig in quarters, add them to the tray.
- Transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are bit crispy.
- Warm up the tortillas in a frying pan
- Spoon the potatoes on top of each of them. Top with the figs, the left over onions, and parsley. Serve with lime juice!
I really hope you give these delicious plant-based tacos a try, you won’t regret it!
Let me know if you try it!