Vegan quinoa pistachio berry parfait
I have been playing with some parfait ideas for awhile now but true to myself I wanted to post some of them only when I get the “perfect” parfait glasses!
Call it shallow, pathetic, or control freak but when I have an idea on how I want my pictures and presentation to be, I really don’t want anything else!
Instead of using the same old oatmeal, I found a few delicious ways to make parfait that is equally nutritious and fabulous if not more!
For this vegan quinoa pistachio berry parfait, I used store bought vegan coconut yogurt. Feel free to use any type you want or just make your own! I am still working on a soy free, nut free and fat-free vegan yogurt. I will keep you posted when It’s done and perfected!
Did you know ” parfait” means perfect in French. It’s exactly what this recipe is! A wonderful balance of sweet, salty, crunch, and moisture!
It’s also the perfect midday pick me up or have as luxurious breakfast! It’s so filling!
So, Let make some delicious Vegan quinoa pistachio berry parfait!
Vegan quinoa pistachio berry parfait | Ethical and Chic
- 1 cup of uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup of plain coconut vegan yogurt
- 1 cup of vegan blueberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen wild blueberries
- 2 cups of roughly chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup of toasted and salted pistachio crushed
- Strawberry jam homemade with dates or store bought
- On medium heat cook the quinoa for 15 minutes or until you see little rings around the quinoa.
- Let it cool.
- Layer the cooled quinoa first at the bottom of your glass.
- Add the blueberry yogurt.
- Add part of the wild blueberries.
- Add half of the strawberries.
- Add some more quinoa.
- add the plain yogurt.
- Top with the pistachio and a few chunks of fresh strawberries for presentation!
- Pretty and delicious!
Did you miss the Jackfruit “crab” cake? Check it out here!
Polenta makes the best creamy breakfast! I wrote all about it here!
Are you going to give it a try? Share on Instagram and tag ethicalndchic for a repost!