I have been torn between the vegan sugar cookies and chocolate chips cookies.
On one hand,these vegan sugar is cookies are soft, buttery, and blissfully delicious and sweet. On the other, chocolate chips cookies are gooey, ultra yummy, with the perfect balance of sweetness from the dough and the bitterness of the warm chocolate. I always intend to only get one but always ended pigging out, leaving me slightly guilty.
Cookies and I are a perfect combination of a story that ends badly, that’s why I always bake when I am stress and need something to do to calm myself. I usually don’t eat them then but force everyone around me to have a few!
Since I cannot decide which cookies I like the best, I decided to bake both of them last weekend. Sugary and chocolate goodness!
I usually follow the same recipe to make both chocolate and the vegan sugar cookies with an adjustment here and there plus the chocolate chips and cocoa powder. So, I am just going to share the sugar cookies recipe, you can just use it a base to make SOMETHING NEW AND DECADENT! Just keep posted when you do here or on the ‘Gram!
- • ½ cup soften vegan butter
- • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- • ¾ coconut sugar
- • ¼ cup apple sauce
- • ½ Tbsp. arrowroot powder
- • 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- • 1 tsp baking powder
- • ¾ coconut sugar
- • ½ tsp baking soda
- • A small pinch of salt
- • 1-2 tsp almond or soy milk
- Add the butter to a mixing bowl along with the sugar, vanilla, and the apple sauce. Mix really well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, arrowroot. Use a stiffer if you have one. Mix well. Do not overmix! Baking is such a cranky thing! Let stand for 20 minutes cover with a wrap in the fridge.
- Heat up the oven on 400 degrees.
- Spoon the dough on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 10- 15 minutes by placing the cooking pan in the middle of the rack.
- Let them cool down before serving. You also use icing with these cookies for frosting. I am still working on a good icing recipe.
- You can also roll out the dough and use a cookie cutter for different fun shape! My daughter always has such a blast when we do that!
What is your favorite cookie? How do you like to enjoy it?