Vegan Sweet potato Baked Pudding/ Bread
Ever tasted something marketed as being vegan that was so good you had to double check the ingredients list?
That’s the exact reaction you would get if I gave you a piece of this pudding/ bread. I can’t decide whether to call it bread or pudding! You need to try it and let me know what you think.
I am not going to lie to you, this Vegan Sweet potato Baked Pudding requires work and a bit of patience. I promise you every decadent bite is worth the extra effort!
It’s a Haitian original recipe, but my mother took it to a whole level of deliciousness and pass it down to me just for my readers! Isn’t she the best?
Let’s do this, shall we?!
- 2 large white sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon of vegan butter
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 and ½ cup of coconut milk
- ½ cup of coconut cream
- 1 cup of brown sugar or ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup of shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ tablespoon of grated lime( not lemon, please!)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- ½ tablespoon almond extract
- Heat up the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate the potatoes. They should yield 5 to 6 cups. Mix the coconut shreds with the coconut milk and cream.
- Mash the banana then add it to the grated potatoes. Add the rest of the ingredients to the potatoes mixture. Mix well.
- Pour everything in a sauce pan. Cook on medium to low heat for 15 minutes. Keep mixing. Make sure it doesn't stick the pan or burn.
- Bake in a greased 9-inches round baking for 30-45 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Let set in the fridge until completely cold.
- Slice and Enjoy!