Creamy vegan tomato basil soup
This soup has such a smooth flavor! the combination of the fresh basil and fire roasted tomatoes is like a perfect symphony in my palate!
I love adding roasted bell pepper to the mix and top it with garlic croutons!
Croutons bring this tomato basil soup to the next level of perfection!
Garlic, I am never shy about it, especially when it comes to this type of soup! Extra garlic just tie all the flavors together!
I literally hover around the garden waiting for the first vines of tomatoes to ripen this year. Nothing taste better like fresh ingredients, my tomato basil soup deserve the best!
This soup is:
Let’s make some!
Vegan Tomato Basil Soup | A must try!
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk can
- 4 cup veggie broth
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 tbsp. oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/8 Tsp. thyme
- 1 Tsp. olive olive oil
- Heat up the grill on medium. Wash the tomatoes and pepper.
- Slice them in half.
- rob them with half olive oil. Put them on the grill. Turn as necessary for 10 minutes.
- Peel the garlic, add them in a foil with the rest of the olive oil. Close tightly. Put on the grill for 5 minutes.
- Let everything cool down.
- In a food processor, add the tomatoes, the basil, the roasted bell pepper, the garlic, and the broth. Pulse until smooth.
- Transfer to a sauce pan, add the coconut milk, oregano, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Let simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Serve with garlic croutons or grilled vegan cheese sandwich.
From My other food blog:
Tag # ethicalandchic in your yummy pictures!
See you soon!