This turmeric oatmeal bowl just brings me the right amount of sunshine in the early grimy morning. It's warm filling, delicious and comforting! Perfect for a winter morning!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1 and 1/2 cup steel cut oats soak overnight i 2 cups of water for quick cooking don't worry the texture will not be affected!
- 1 cup soy milk ( or any type of non-dairy milk)
- 1 thumb size turmeric root ( grated) or 1 tbsp. turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 ripe banana ( for natural sweetness)
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 3 chopped dates (optional)
For some delicious reason, fresh basil leaf pairs really well with turmeric flavor.
Definitely add some fresh leaves to your oatmeal besides basil is a great natural adaptogen herb ( mood booster), it's packed with antioxidants, anti inflammatory, and antibacterial properties.
Get your fill in the winter months if they are available in your area!