Vegan Chocolate fruit cake
This vegan chocolate fruit cake will knock your socks off! It's based on the famous The Compromise Cake but with more chocolate and delicious fruits!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time55 mins
- 2 cups applesauce unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 chopped medjol dates
- 3/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup raw unrefined cane sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried tart cherry
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoon dark chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of chocolate powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon hot water
Combine the applesauce with the baking soda. set aside for 10 minutes.
Combine the dried fruits.Set aside.
Get a non-stick 10 in cake pan ready. ( a poundt cake tube is recommended)
Beat the butter until fluffy in a mixer at medium speed.
Add the sugar, slowly.
Follow by the vanilla.
Add the Applesauce mixture.
The flour, and the spices.
Add the raisins mixture.
Mix really well!
Pour batter into the pan.
Bake for 35 minutes at 375 degrees or until the cake is well done.
Then, let the cake cool on a rack.
Add the butter in the mixer follow but the butter and the rest of the ingredients. Mix until you have a smooth glaze.
Drizzle the glaze over the cooled chocolate cake.